Saturday, March 5, 2011

Our Bento Lunchboxes

I just started getting interested in Bento in the past week and I'm already hooked! I set out to find out what I should get, what I might need, and where to find it.

I'm on a wonderful message board full of mothers and the subject of Bento came up. They all gave great advice, and pointed me in the direction of the blogs I just posted in the previous post. I looked through those and decided I needed to start with which lunchbox I would want.

The possibilities out there are quite extensive. Without some advice, I would have been rather lost. After reading Another Lunch, I decided that EasyLunchboxes were the best for us.

EasyLunchboxes.com
Why?

1) It's fairly "easy" (hence the name - genius, right?). There isn't a multitude of boxes with lids to keep track of. Just one tray and one lid per lunch. I have three rather adventurous kids. I'm used to saying weird things like "No, don't use a fork to comb your sister's hair! Why is a fork even in the bedroom?" So I figured losing parts is about as likely to happen in our household as it is that there's snow in March in Wisconsin. ;)

2) EasyLunchboxes stack up nicely for storage. Meaning not only do I NOT have tiny compartments and lids floating around, but I also don't have to dedicate half my kitchen to storing them. Of course that may happen yet anyways if I become as addicted to new supplies as I see others do!

3) The blogger on Another Lunch said these are really easy to pack a "regular" lunch in (as in, a sandwich and two sides). Since I was starting out and wasn't sure if I would even like doing this, I liked the idea that these could be packed like any old lunch without too much finagling.

And a bonus is that they're decently sized and not overly childish that we can even use them for our adult lunches.

With all that being said, I can't give much for personal review yet as I just ordered them. ;) But I fully intend to try them out soon (due to arrive this week) and post about it.

If you'd like to read about other lunchbox options, check out the blogs in the previous post. They have great reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment